A few posts down I posted about copyright infringement. Dragon Dream Jen and several ( if not MOST) designers have been hit again by a site in China. It's massive. And I find it disgusting that some jerk would steal another person's work and give it way like this.
Jen is very upset - she posted about it, here. I can't blame her.
After reading that post I went and did a few hours research and found some info on the site Jen mentions. It turns out that it's hosted on a system called Discuz! and owned by a company called Comsenz. Comsenz appears to be an outfit that protects copyright for the computer software industry and is itself copyrighted. So I hunted down their contanct info and am passing this all on to all the designers that I can contact. Maybe it will help. I don't know.
But here is Comsenz's info for those who care enough about their favourite designers to contact them and lodge a protest.
This is their main email
comsenz@comsenz.com
and their security dept's is
security@comsenz.com
For those of us who are into stitching: these designers add so much to our lives, don't we owe it to them to help them fight the copyright wars?
Please pass this info on.

No comments:
Post a Comment