Sigh. I went to lesson yesterday and got a lecture about walking before I run and other such stuff. And how there's big holes in what I know. Well - how in the hell is that MY fault. I had a teacher who taught what SHE wanted to and pushed too far too fast. She skipped things that I asked for (scales, anyone?) and pushed into things that should have taken 3 to 5 years by this teacher's estimation ( and he used to play with the BPO.)in one 6th that time. Yeah things are missing..but how in the hell does a student know they are there to learn, and they are supposed to trust that the teacher will do what is best for the student. Yeah, that worked well.
So now I am being taken to tasked for the failings of a teacher who didn't do her job. *SIGH* He's not faulting me for my abilities - I pick up everything really quickly, usually in the space of a lesson ( at most) and I practice as much as my hands can handle. But he's continually telling me that I have gaping holes in what I know and makes it sound like it's my fault that I don't know this. One question: How the hell was I supposed to know what I wasn't being taught?
Remind me again why I do this? And why I am supposed to "trust" my teachers? I want Ian and Mac - I *KNOW* I can trust them.

No comments:
Post a Comment