I've been researching whom to email to see if my government can't force places like China and Russia to enforce copyrights of artists of all kinds. And in my mind the orphanworks bill is a monumentally bad idea. If any artist can tell me why it's a good thing for them, I'd love to hear it.
But to my mind and from what I've read all a copyright infringer has to do is say "but I couldn't contact them" and it's ok under this bill.
*Illustrator Partnership Site that speaks to it here
*House Bill run down here
*Senate Bill run down -here
*Another voice against it here
A listing of bills pertaining to copyright that are before congress now
I was hoping to find what congressional committee covers this - so I could write them to push for tougher legislation and for more governmental pressure for foreign enforcement of copyright, but I can't find it. So I am writing my Congressional Representatives to urge them to do all they can to protect our artists - I urge you to do the same
*Find your Congressional Rep's address here
*Canadian House Of Commons info here
*Address to send mail to your Senator here
*Find your Senator here
*Find your Senator's info here
* UK info here
They can't do it by themselves - we who love their works and the art of needlework Must help them. It's time to stand up and say "Enough" to the people who steal from them

No comments:
Post a Comment