Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Something I need to rewrite.

There is this fiddler that I find much inspiration from listening to. He's one of the folks who made me want to learn and the one who keeps me inspired to keep practicing and learning.
And he's one of the nicest folks I know. I want to tell him how much he's inspired me but I don't have the words. Today I wrote this:

my rant: Why is it so hard to tell you that you've inspired me? To tell you that your music has gotten me through things like 9/11, my father's illness and death and my brother's accident. Why can't I tell you that it was watching the towers fall on 9/11 and listening to your music that made me WANT to learn to play? That the joy and love that you put into your playing has healed and helped and comforted me through some of the worst times in my life. And that your music makes me dream again. Why can't I tell you that I've started lessons again - after having a physically abusive teacher who made me fear learning- I've started again, because of the courage your music gives me. That I listen to you play before and after each lesson, after practices, when I need a boost or a smile or to remember the beauty in life. Why is it so hard to tell you that my biggest dream is to be able to play "tullochgorum" with you?

I know you'd listen, you're that sweet, so why is it so hard?

It's in a rant thread on a msg board I frequent. My friend Anne thinks I should send it as is...I think it needs to be toned down. I am posting it here as a starting point. I'll let you know if it ever comes to fruition.
Sigh

No comments:

Need a Snow Day?