I wrote this for a friend, thought an update here would be good, so here it is:
I am loosing my job, and I have been kicked out of my house. My mom and I have never really gotten along and since we've been living together -I moved back home when she needed physical help, now that she doesn't need it so much, she's gotten more and more unreasonable. So Monday we got into it...and she told me I have a month to move out. That's so going to work when I don't have a steady income. It would just be a little thing, if there were not so many times that she treated ( and treats) me like crap. My nephew also lives with us and he has a totally different experience here. Like 180 degrees from mine. Two sets of expectations, seriously. Even to the point of food. If she tells me that her budget won't allow for something I like ( totally understandable) and I buy it for myself she considers it "Community property" and that I should not expect it to be there if when I want/need - nor should i ever be upset about it disappearing. She thinks I should be at her disposal 24/7 for chores - Nephew has none. I pay $200 for the privilege of living in the basement - and she fights me on having an electric heater, and/or a dehumidifier to make it more comfortable, ect, Nephew has a bedroom, pays nothing and she does his laundry for him even. I am not supposed to make plans for the weekends - Nephew has total freedom. She gets pissed if I tell her that I think these expectations are wrong and intrusive ( to the point where I ignore the " be here to do work on weekends and don't make plans" crap) and she thinks I am in the wrong for feeling that way. That "girls can't expect to have the same treatment as boys." is her philosophy. She's been this way since I was a kid and I was sick of it at 10. in other words, in her world the sky is plaid and the grass orange and woe betide those females who disagree. Especially if she has any type of power with them.
So monday we got into it - and she kicked me out. Grand.
Oh well, I give up, when I move out, that is the last contact I will have with my family.
Yeehaw.

1 comment:
OMG Andi! *GIGANTIC HUGE HUGS* What a load of bollocks from your mom! I am SO sorry, I just wish there was something I could do. :( I know she is from a different generation, but I can't even wrap my head around such awful sexism...from a woman no less! It's utterly dumbfounding. I wish there was something more I could do...if I lived nearby you know you'd be more than welcome to stay with me. Heck, if you feel like taking a road trip, you'd be more than welcome to crash here. I'm just so sorry you are having to deal with this. Do you have any friends in your area you could stay with? What about elsewhere? Are you and Anne still friendly?
If there is anything at all I can do, don't hesitate to drop me a line. I'll be sending you all manner of positive energy and stregth and will keep you in my prayers. Be safe, I know things will get better for you.
-Amanda B.
Post a Comment