He'd laugh if he knew I thought of him that way I am sure, but he's the one I listen to ALL the time. There's just so much love and joy in him music. A sense of wonder and a sense of fun too.
Any how I listen to him everyday. And then practice.
He inspires me to keep going. To re- do Morag for the umpteenth millionth time and try to play it right. To keep going with Piper's Cave and to go ahead and Try Ode to Joy or Silent Night. And some how listening to him makes all that fun.
He'd probably laugh at that too. Not in a mean way...He's not mean. Or at least he's never been mean to anyone that I've ever seen. Just does not seem to be his way. But I think he'd laugh anyhow.
So I listened him tonight and found new things in it that make me wonder.
Wonder at his skill and his love of life and music, but also at the Divine Mystery of Talent and that something "extra" that takes someone from being just a skilled player to an Artist. He's an Artist. He paints pictures with his music, creates dreams. I find myself in a constant state of wonder and awe.
And while that's great for inspiring me to practice...It's horrid for me finding the way to tell him how much I've gained from his music.
Maybe someday.
And Maybe someday, I'll be able to Play "tullochgorum" with him and show him what he's given me.

No comments:
Post a Comment