Monday, May 28, 2007

So sick of this crap..or I don't do group speak well.

On the GBS board there is ALWAYS a bit of drama. mainly because one or two posters think they have the right to say/do/callout/harrass/bitch/demean whoever and whenever tehy want with impunity and if anyone disagrees they need to "take it to PM" And of course, they are the rudest nastiest people around.
These folks have put other posters in tears. driven folks from the board. and bullied more folks than any schoolyard tyrant. And they are allowed to do this by the "staff".
I frankly, refuse to be told by them or anyone else..what I can say and where to say it. BUT I'll be damned if I use PM's.
Last summer I was pubicly attacked because I wanted to give Alan Doyle a hand made babygift. They wanted to do a group thing. Another poster I know of spent several hours in tears because SHE was attacked so badly. And almost didn't send the gift she worked so hard on. Because of these folks saying nasty things publicly. BUT when I responded..albeit with just as much anger and venom as We were attacked with...I go a PM telling me if "I have issue with what [theposter] said I was ONLY to take it up with her in PM". Yeah right. You get to to publicly berate, slander and humiliate me and another poster and *I* get to respond privately. It got to the point where I got an email from one of the worst offenders ASSUMING that I would do the group gift for them ...after I had been called all sorts of names. Yeah right. Arrogance at it's best.
This week it's drama over a longtime poster saying that "antifashion" contests on the board paid for by the band, are in poor taste. SUCH a bad thing for anyone to disagree with someone ON A DISCUSSION BOARD!
It's gang speak now. And again folks are being told "I can say what I want publicly but YOU only get to disagree privately"
I wish they's shut the fucking thing down.

No comments:

Need a Snow Day?