I decided to go ahead in my violin books. I got sick of "The Dreidle Song" as I am having issues with keeping one finger down and playing on the next string. Like keep #F down and playing an A or b on the next string. G is even worse. Gotta re-train my fingers to hit the strings with just the tips and not the finger pads. slow going.
So anyway I decided that I want to try a new song and chose "Ode To Joy" I can barely get through it because it uses the 4th finger. But It sounds almost right. I have to have my teacher check the notes..since I am still so very slow at reading music I write the notes in and go from there...hey, give me a break I have only been studying since December 20th( 2006) I'll get better I am sure.
But I was fingering through the book, wondering when we'd get to "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and found it farther on. Ok, They use the version by Mozart, so Maybe it's a bit more difficult BUT the *very* next song is Pachelbel's Cannon! No freaking way are those two anywhere near each other in degree of difficulty.
Come On.
I *really* want to know the reasoning on that one.

No comments:
Post a Comment