Monday, April 2, 2007

Betrayal

I don't trust easily. or often. But I trusted K. and K betrayed that trust. I found out about it Thursday. It's taken me this long to be able to form coherent sentences about it with out a plethora of swearing. Well, the sentences with swear words were not really coherent either....just strings of 4 letter words strung together.
Here's what happened.
I've known K for a few years and she always seemed to be one of the few folks who were *always* on my side...not in agreement with me, but always trying to get me to be my best, to do my best, to never "settle" for less, if you know what I mean. I'd learned to run things by her when I was unsure of things, or needed an opinion or a new perspective. She'd tell me point blank if I was in the wrong or my family was or if I were over reacting to things at work or whatever. So I asked her to be my medical power of attorney if anything should ever happen.
And me being me, I like the best of accommodations - so I started a savings account to be used for that eventuality... to get things like a private room, TV, an extra nightgown, food that I wanted from the "outside" - you know the little luxeries of life.
Thursday I went to the bank to put more money in and found out the account had been closed by K. Livid does not begin to describe When I confronter her, she used the excuse that her kids needed things and "it was for my eventual use, wasn't it?" umm, no it was for mine.
Needless to say I pressed charges. She was arrested and charged with petty theft and spent the night in jail. Over the weekend she contacted my boss and tried to pressure him into getting me to drop the charges "for the sake of the kids", not going to work, he has NO say in it. Zero.
Today she showed up at work with a cop trying to "work it out" - what's there to work out? you stole, now take responsibility and pay the consequences.
His folks will take the kids, they'll raise the kids with limits and an example they need to live up to, not down to. And they will probably end up being better people for being with them.
But I do feel badly for the kids. They love their mom and she uses them. She makes other folks hate and fear them because she uses them as weapons "do what I say or never see them again.", or " If you don't help the kids will suffer" and they did too, both monetarily and emotionally.
I hate her at this point, and I hate myself for hating her. But she's killed our friendship and she's "killed" the person I thought I knew. This new creature hasn't even said she's sorry - to me or to the kids.
at the very least -doesn't she owe THEM an apology?

No comments:

Need a Snow Day?