Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Old friends + new technology.

I just sent off a note to one of my oldest friends...one I've never met face to face. He lives in Ghana and I in the US and we've been writing so long I don't remember when it was otherwise. He's a few years younger than me but we have so much in common it's not funny - and a lot of it is "shared" history. He was there when I moved out for the first time, he was there when I got and lost my dream job ( the company relocated) and he was there for 9/11 and my dad's death.
He shared his elementary and high school years with me ( we've known each other THAT long) and his marriage and the birth of his daughter..basically our whole lives.
I was in high school when I started writing him and we've been friends ever since. Odd think that I've known him for more years than many of my other friends have been alive and I've never met him in person.
I recently got his email address and added him to my yahoo messenger, new ways to keep in touch. I hope we don't stop writing - pen and paper style - but this could be fun. I've chatted with folks from all over the world before but never someone I know so well. It will be interesting.
New technology brings so many gifts with it, gifts and curses both...let's hope that for this relationship it's more of the gifts that come, shall we?

No comments:

Need a Snow Day?