More work crap. I have been going out of my way to help the Supervisor whose room I am in, in between shifts in the Cafeteria. I help with her work, know part of it better than she does and spend my lunch in her room - most often with out eating because it makes it harder on her to keep one of her participants in the room. It also helps with another who like to make her miserable, telling her that he doesn't like her, will not be "good" until his last supervisor comes back, ect.
She is the type that takes everything personally, and as a reflection of her worth. She is currently in a onesided but ferocious power struggle with another staff member because - from what I can tell the other person offered her some advice she does not like and because so many out right love the other staffer (OS). The Supervisor had made statements to me that "the Supervisor runs the room" and that I "wouldn't be here if it weren't for" her. And twisted statements that OS supposedly said. She's accused OS of wanting to take control of the room - OS was offered the room before Supervisor was even hired. She does not want it or any room. OS is in the position she WANTS to be in. I know she's been offered three rooms and refused each time. Supervisor has accused OS of a breech of ethics because she let the Former Supervisor (FS) call OS's cell and talk to the participants. This was arranged to help one participant accept that FS is NOT coming back and does not want to. It was not done to upset the room, Supervisor, or the participant in question.
The participant in question called FS and asked her to come in. FS did - I spoke to her before she came in and she told me she was doing it with the intention of showing Participant that she's still around, very happy and of telling him she's not coming back in person. She had hoped that this would help participant accept and warm up to Supervisor.
The upshot of all of this is that OS is now out of Supervisor's room - she previously had been there daily- and Supervisor spent Monday telling me about how hard her life has been, that no one goes out of their way for her, that we need to realize she's in charge, yadda, yadda fucking yadda.
Another angle in all of this is that I decorated her room and another with a set of the sign language posters that I made for the cafeteria. That's three sets. mostly from my own money ( they paid for the lamination and the final copying after I enlarged and printed the first sets at home) at bare minimum I spent $50.00 of my own money on supplies. I had some of the red and blue construction paper left over - Supervisor asked yesterday if she "could use" it for her bulletin board. I told her no, as I really don't see why I should provide anything more for this place out of pocket.
She's ticked that I said no and this morning she would not look at me, speak to me or even be at the same desk as me. I pulled her out in the hall and asked her what's up and she told me she's fine but not here to make friends, yada, yada fucking yada.
Honestly - I think I've figured out why folks don't go out of their way for her.

No comments:
Post a Comment