Just started that new job. I start at 7 and work til 2:30 my boss stressed in the interview that I would not ever be able to expect overtime ( this is important.)
One of the participants needs to be "walked" to her bus at 2:30 - read at 2:30 her supervisor STARTS signing time sheets ( daily) for about 15 developmentally delayed people this takes a bit of time, then they like to chat and finish conversations - like everyone else, then she needs to go to her locker and get stuff there, then you have wait for her bus with her and supervise her getting on. This all takes almost a half hour and that's with cutting her short in conversation, pressing her to hurry, ect.
My co-worker thinks that I should be "walking" this person out daily. Thus adding about a half hour ( or more) of unpaid time to my day, on a daily basis! The thing is that co-worker is on the clock til 3:30 and would be paid for this work, I (again) would not.
This would work out to about 2.5 hours per week that I was not being paid for. And co-worker had already approached the feasibility of this being a permanent part of my job.
Frankly I think if I cease being paid at 2:30, I cease working at 2:30. It would be one thing if it were an OCCASIONAL thing - but daily? No way.
So I need a polite wording to tell the Supervisor that I am not up for donating at least 2.5 hours each week to the "cause".
Suggestions?

No comments:
Post a Comment