Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Magic Lantern Show...Living History and Magic Mystery Tour Combined

I went tonight to a magic lantern show. It's a form of entertainment that predates tv by some 350 years, and is the precursor to movies. and tv. This one was the Victorian Christmas Show. I've also seen the Halloween Show. The lantern works on the same principals as a slide projector and old film projectors..the originals used lighted gas, 'modern" ones use lights. And the magic - the sounds- come from the audience in the form of singing, instruments, sound effects and such. It's fun. True fun for all ages.
My 2 year old niece loves it and tonight we had 90 year olds having a grand old time. If you want to truly experience a part of living history...pack up the car and head out and see them. It's fantastic.
I am already plotting to go again -even if it means a road trip.

No comments:

Need a Snow Day?