My car got broken into yesterday. They left the radio, the cash, the cds and took...are you ready for it? My sewing kit. Yup, you heard me. My sewing kit. Now noncrafters are probably laughing at this point,,,but I had several hundred dollars of craft supplies in there...some of which that can not be replaced.
I found some of the older patterns on ebay. ( and I never thought I would say this but THANK GOD for ebay.) This is a GREAT thing. But I can't replace the antique scissors or the embroidery hoop that was my gradmothers, or the scissors that my brother gave me when I was 14 or several other bits and bobs that are best described as heirlooms.
My Barra's ticket stubs where in there from concerts from the 1990's ..I had just dig them out of stuff packed in my best friend's attic at the moment. I wanted them home with me, so they were just put in the bag that morning. Can't ever get those back, either. My nephew's picture. I hope he has another for me.
Most of the rest of it I can get back...but I hate to think of what this person with do with it when they figure out that it's of no value but to me. I hate to think of grandma's stuff in the garbage. It makes me want to cry.
If you're the praying type, please say a prayer of two that I get at least the irreplaceable stuff back. thanks.
off to have a cry.

2 comments:
{{{{Andi}}}}
Thank, Belinda...I needed that.
One of the folks I know told me last night that It's essentially my fault that this happened because I carry my crafting stuff with me. Great.
Post a Comment