I don't usually do political type posts, but this bothers me. Or rather sickens me. The fact that anyone - white or black or anything else- would think that hanging a noose because someone of another "race" sat underneath a tree is anything short of a threat is insane. The fact that these young men were charged, convicted and jailed for defending themselves against that threat is worse...but one young man was - quite possibly- NOT EVEN THERE is beyond the pale.
This is not a race issue it's a human issue. If someone hung a noose where I had been sitting - I'd defend myself too - I'd wager you would too.
Please think about it, pray for these young men and write the Department of Justice, your congress person and anyone else you can think of.
There is a virtual March going on at UltraViolet Underground. You can find it here
Thursday, September 20, 2007
The Jena 6...I can't NOT say something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Thankyou for your stand!
Post a Comment