Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Taking Steps Forward, I Think.

I have signed up for a sign language course, Trish is going to help me by attending the first level with me at least. I am paying for her to do so,,,,because she would not be taking it if it were not for me, so it's the least I can do.
I am in a job where I use sign daily. I have always wanted to be an interpreter so I have started with with an eye towards getting my license as an interpreter. I have sent the organizers a note with my registration asking for information on this program and I really hope I can get into it. I am sure this is going to be hard, so I have enlisted the help of several of the participants at work we have several who are deaf and very high functioning - who also love teaching staff sign. They are thrilled to hear that I am going to be taking sign and have said they will help. I am so lucky to work with people such and these - they always have open hearts and open hands.

3 comments:

Belinda said...

That is awesome, both taking the class and having willing folks to help you learn/practice!

I'd love to learn how to sign, myself...someday I will.

andi said...

Thanks for the encouragement.
Belinda - here's a site I've learned a lot from http://www.aslpro.com/cgi-bin/aslpro/aslpro.cgi maybe you could use it to learn some signs. :)

Belinda said...

What an awesome site, thank you!

I've duly bookmarked it! :)

Need a Snow Day?