Sunday, May 3, 2009

Anne, Mac And Incredible Music and Incredible People.

I took a sorely need personal day from work on Friday and took the train down to Philly to see Anne and attend the Mac Morin and Natalie MacMaster Show.
I left at 7:20 am and got there about 6:30 PM and spent the weekend with Anne. Friday we did nothing but visit - as usual it was fun.
Saturday she indulged me and took me to Valley Forge.




Bunks in one of the cabins at Valley Forge




Some of the women who accompanied the soldiers, sitting in front of a fire




The Fog of War - as the Orator called it.


It was a fun day and then we went to Frank's _ home of the BEST cheese steaks anywhere.
After that we went home for a little bit and saw Vic, Anne's Husband and all around nice man for a bit and then headed out to the Mac and Natalie show!
It was FANTASTIC! I really love the fact that She "features" her Band. She lets them have part of the show to show off their individual talents. Mac really shines in this...oh, don't get me wrong he shines, playing with her too, but boy can he carry it by himself. He is simply amazing.
Simply Amazing does not even begin to describe Mac as a person. He is kind, gentle and generous with his time and encouragement. Talking to him always renews my faith in humanity.
When I had issues with my last music teacher , I emailed Mac and he gave great advice. He's been so much help in dealing with the music thing, and probably doesn't know how much of an influence he's been.
And I listen to his cd daily at work. It's what I use to de-stress during lunch. Incredible person, about whom it is not possible to say enough.

He even took a picture with me:



3 comments:

Belinda said...

Sounds like a wonderfully awesome weekend!

And I love your t-shirt! :)

Minn Saedrin said...

Now I know what you look like! I'm glad you took that day off and had a great time :)

It's Bonnie, btw ^_^

andi said...

thanks. both of you.
Belinda, nice of you to keep in touch.

Need a Snow Day?