This is going to sound heartless, but my uncle is in a nursing home - at 65. Why? because he's a diabetic who refuses to follow his diet, take any kind of care of himself and weighs so much that his legs can't support him. He fell. Twice. in two days. Had to get the ambulance guys to get him up once and once Mom and I helped him up. Or rather we got a chair under him and I pushed back the chair so that he was up on it. All 500 lbs or so.
This man is demanding, abusive, and the most negative person I've ever run across. He is also one of the 4 most destructive men in my life and one of the biggest reasons I never want to get married. He made me believe for years that all men did those things - and I wanted no part of how he made me feel.
So I have no sympathy for him and I *really* believe this is for the best. He's out of my aunt's hair, he's treating folks much less abusively and he's actually being treated for his issues...physically and mentally. But he wants out. He is talking being back at college in 2 weeks so he can teach. He wants me to give up my weekends to take care of him so he can do so.
Uh,no. You got yourself into this, sweetheart you get yourself out of it.
That means following your diet, working your ass off in therapy - literally and getting to the point where you don't collapse when you try to go to the bathroom
Stop whining about how horrible your life is and get down to brass tacks and do something for your own self. Stop eating like a pig ( before being hospitalized and having been diabetic for years - his idea of a good supper was ordering two pork chop dinners and eating both himself. great for a Diabetic -right) and start taking the steps to get out of yourself.
Sorry not going to sacrafice my life to care for you. You need to get yourself to the point where you can care for yourself. in other words and like I said above. You got yourself into this , get yourself out.

1 comment:
You go, girl!
Post a Comment