It's a line from a very old poem. One they don't teach or really read very much any more, probably because it's Moralistic. But my grandma could recite it from memory, I used to love it as it kid. Her voice was so great for it. It's called "Little Orphan Annie" by James Whitcomb Riley and I heard some one read it last night as part of a magic lantern show at the albrightknox . It was a Fantastic show and I urge you to see it if at all possible. You can find out about it here .
It was fun and fascinating and a good time was had by all, even the littlest of the littles. In fact I think the little kids had more fun than the college aged kids. Moira giggled her way through the show, the little girl behind me was enthralled and the two littles down from me had looks of total awe on their faces.
Go and fast, it's something that everyone can participate in and enjoy.

No comments:
Post a Comment