I have not written in forever. So for an update:
I went back to school in January, for Individualized Studies, eventually I want to go to Grad School for Museum Studies. I made Dean's List last semester and start back on the 29th of August for the Fall Semester.
I have been volunteering at the Buffalo Museum of Science in June of last year, which is what gave me the kick in the ass to go back to school
I am no longer employed - I am looking for a job, that does not involve heavy lifting as I got hurt at my last job which has me on Workman's Comp since April.
This semester I will have 6 classes 4 online and 2 lectures. One of the online classes demands we have a blog - so I will likely be updating here more frequently. :P
My classes will be : Fundamentals of Art Inquiry - this class is shaping up to be a trip already. We have to visit galleries, create our own art, blog ( I created a separate blog for the class) and it looks like a paper may be due. At least the teacher seems to be nice from the tone of his intro to us.
Folklore and Technology: I am so looking forward to this..it's Roots Music! Taught by one of my favorite teachers ever...she pushes you hard but is fair and caring. This will involve discussions, visiting the historical society for the exhibit on color film Depression Photos. Many never before seen, a paper and the Wiki. I can't wait for this to start.
Introduction to the Museum - no word yet from this professor. This is a 50-50 shot at being a decent course.
Museum Education Programing - An Independent Study where I am actually developing power points for the Museum.
Introduction to American Government and Politics - this is reading, discussions online and a book review along with the usual exams.. This teacher does not seem to be nice, in his course syllabus he managed in one paragraph to tell us he assumes we are going to be nasty in the discussions, are having someone else pay for our educations and that we are retarded - he actually called us "idiots"! I am so not impressed.
and lastly - Introduction to Theater Arts- nothing yet from this prof.
So far I know we will have a minimum of 9 field trips to cultural institutions and at least 1 play, if not more. I might be required to attend a symphony performance, too. Gonna be interesting!

No comments:
Post a Comment