Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Violin lesson, And the trip to the Y

I prefer to work out immediately after work. Today I had to change it. I was supposed to meet with Dave the personal trainer there to talk about a 12 week fitness program/getting into a Personal Training Program/Triathlon Training. Well his boss double booked him so I could not meet with him. I rescheduled for Friday rather than meet with some one else who could not answer the questions I have. So Friday at 6:30 I will meet with this guy.
Violin lesson went well - better than I hoped. My big issue with violin is rhythm - I have none. Seriously. But We've been working on it for almost two years now..with this teacher. I had another teacher before, but she moved to California and I lucked out with this one tho, he's good. And patient and if we weren't teacher/student we could be real friends. Oh, I still have days when I feel like quitting - I've walked out twice in tears of frustration, but never like it was with the flute teacher. He doesn't TRY to make feel stupid or whatever. Frustration is part of music, it just is. ( and to make that point even clearer to me tonight,,, during my violin lesson I could hear my flute teacher - the one I quit studying with - kicking and screaming and hitting the wall and throwing things in frustration - while she was practicing her piece for her auditions. I think I dodged a bullet with her, between her telling me that I was argumentative and other things, and her outbursts today, I really thing I was lucky to get out of there unscathed.) Any how back to what I was saying.
Today Greg, decided to tackle the rhythm thing again rather than showing me a new technique or playing something with me - we practiced rhythms for the full hour. It went better than it usually does.
He also asked me about recording a cd for my own records. I told him I wanted to get Piper's cave, perfectly as well as a few other songs before I did that and he agreed to wait for it - I want to give it to Kyle, the man who inspired me to learn, who keeps me inspired to practice - If I can convince myself that it would not be pushing the boundaries too far and/or that he would want it.

No comments:

Need a Snow Day?