Nephew's live in GF was in an accident in August - still is not working, but she says her family expects gifts and there are a LOT of them, so since he is supporting her there is not enough money for gifts for our family - since he won't be giving, he does not want to be given ( fair enough since he is asking) but there is now a discussion as to whether or not it's fair to him to have the rest of us exchange.
We've always exchanged gifts between the family - mom tried to institute a name draw instead, but we still exchanged smaller gifts between us. The name draw was you buy the person whose name you drew a gift of at least $50. And then the gifts we gave the others were smaller - $25 or less. Nephew won't be participating at all - and will only be buying for those he absolutely has to - his parents and my mom. That means his uncle, myself and his great-aunt are left out. ( Yet everyone on HER very large side will be gifted - on his dime.)
Nephew says he'll feel bad if he has to watch others open gifts and not have any - so the rest of us should neither give or receive any. And the GF won't even be here.
Personally I think they are both acting like controlling little weasels and spoiled brats. And I have no intention of not giving gifts because the two of them want to control the holiday. I like giving gifts, I like getting gifts and I'll be damned if I left someone dictate what I can do. It's my holiday, too. And since when does a GF get to determine what the older generations of her BF's family are allowed to do? If he does not want to get or give fine - but the should make no never mind to what the rest of us do.
I have hated this bitch since she first came over and raided our fridge - taking the most expensive thing she could find, something that happened to be my lunch for the coming week and ate it all. That feeling increased when I picked them up at the hospital - at 11pm and she yelled ( yes, YELLED) at me for the entire half hour ride home because I slowed down for pot holes and bumps - because she was in a neck brace and I didn't want to jar her - apparently that made me a bad driver and a "bitch" , when I caught her in my dresser drawer grabbing "supplies" - it didn't make me like her anymmore, ect ad nauseum. But you know I think this is the final nail - and she won't even be at our celebration - she'll be with HER family.
But apparently *I* am unreasonable. Yup, final nail there.

No comments:
Post a Comment