I saw Natalie MacMaster play a few nights ago. Fantastic, she's great on the fiddle, but she brought Mac Morin along with her. All I can say about Mac is SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
He's an amazing piano player, and an even more amazing person. I was blessed to get to know him at the Gaelic College a few years ago and I've never forgotten him. He is one of the kindest, gentlest people I've ever met.
I was so scared to go the college, that I lost 6 pants sizes in two weeks. ( Yes you read that right. ) and was literally vibrating when I got there. I learned quickly that there were a couple of teachers that you could go to with anything. Mac was one of them.
Everything Mac did he did with gentleness - it just seem to flow from him. And although I was not in his classes I knew he was to be trusted. And I don't trust many. If I had a bad day he was the one I looked for - to find a quick smile or reassurance or... whatever. He was great. I wonder still if he realizes that he touched me that much.
Anyhow, Natalie brought Mac...and I got to spend sometime with Mac, about an hour and a half, just shooting the breeze. And for some odd reason the entire band, stayed off the bus while we were talking. It was sweet of them.

No comments:
Post a Comment